In our day and age people think of massage as an indulgent “me time” and something they get to treat themselves to. What we keep forgetting about massage is how good it is for your body and why you should be getting massage regularly. Here are some reasons why you should schedule some one-on-one time with your favorite massage therapist, today:
- Studies have proved that massage benefits include; reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. Massage can also affect the body’s production of certain hormones linked to blood pressure, anxiety, heart rate and other key vital sign
- Certain types of sports massage can help treat and prevent future sport related injury.
- Although studies are still pending, people who receive massage also advocate that it helps reduce symptoms from
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Paresthesia and nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
- People who suffer from arthritis can get major relief from massage. Research shows that just 15 min of moderate pressure a few times a week can relive pain, stiffness, range of motion, and function.
- Massage will make you feel happier, and help you sleep. Studies have shown that massage increases serotonin, which increases the melatonin and helps circadian rhythms to reset
So, next time you are feeling a little sluggish, or sore, don’t feel bad about scheduling that massage. Your body will thank you for it! Just remember to drink plenty of water afterward to help recovery.