For the most part, patients who come in for chiropractic care usually come in complaining of back and shoulder pain. Chiropractic care for pain management is a great, holistic way to relieve pain with no side effects. But, did you know that Chiropractic care has been proven to help with other illnesses, diseases, and pain management not related to the back? Here is a list of other ailments that Chiropractic Care can help treat:
- ADHD: While the studies done have also factored in diet, it has been proved that patients with ADHD have decreased hyperactivity, inattentiveness, impulsivity, behavioral, social and emotional difficulties. Every case, however, is different, but it does suggest that ADHD may respond to other treatments besides pharmaceutical options.
- PMS symptoms: Between two sets of females studied, the set that was receiving chiropractic adjustments to the lumbar region (lower part) of their back regularly vs. on a placebo pain-killer noticed a reasonable difference in symptoms.
- Chronic Sinusitis: Sinusitis usually develops when nasal and sinus passages cannot drain properly. By adjusting the cervical spine (neck) the pressure put onto these passages can open up. Sinus issues (along with ear infections) can sometimes be resolved in as little as one adjustment.
- COPD: Studies have shown that a mixture of spinal adjustments, soft tissue therapy, and exercise (which is also made easier in COPD patients with spinal adjustments) is improving quality of life as well as improving oxygen intake to the lungs. This could be because adjusting the cervical and thoracic regions of the spine directly affects the nervous system, and the way neurotransmitters send messages from the lungs to the brain, optimizing organ health in general.
- Tennis Elbow: What a lot of people don’t realize is that chiropractors can adjust virtually any joint in the body; they do not work strictly on the spine. If you are suffering from tennis elbow, make sure to mention it to your chiropractor. In most cases something is out of alignment between your neck and wrist, which is causing other joints to overcompensate causing pain. Adjustments, along with other treatment options (massage, acupuncture, rest, ice, kinesiology tape, etc.) your chiropractor may prescribe can help get your ligaments and joints working properly without using other invasive techniques.
This is just a small list of what else Chiropractic care can help with, if your interested in learning more contact us at (952) 500-8477 to set up an exam and consultation with one of our amazing chiropractors!