What to do if I have been injured at work in Minnesota?

Have you been injured at work or the office? Have pain and injury as a result and unsure of the correct steps to take. The state of Minnesota has protection for you if you have been injured. However, for many of us, understanding workers compensation can be frustrating. Below is a list of a few tips and steps to take to ensure your health, wellness and job.

1) Tell your employer immediately. Be sure to report your injury to your supervisor. If you need to seek emergency medical attention do that first, but then contact your employer as soon as possible. Your employer will complete a First Report of Injury (FROI) form, so be sure to give your employer accurate and complete information about how your were hurt and about any injuries you sustained.

2) What Kind of injures are covered? A work-related injury can be any condition that is caused, aggravated or accelerated by employment activities. This includes traumatic injuries, gradual injuries or occupational diseases.

3) Can I choose my own medical provider? Employees may choose their health care provider for treatment of a work-related injury.

If you have been injured or are experiencing pain contact a medical provider immediately. At West End Chiropractic and Wellness our doctors and staff have over 20 years of experience in treating people injured at work and dealing with workers compensation. With our diverse medical staff and latest in medical technology our patients receive the best medical care.

Contact us today and see why so many people choose West End Chiropractic and Wellness

Call us at (952) 500-8477 or visit us online at workerscompensationtreatment


This entry was posted in Chiropractic, Work Injury and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *