Being injured at work or having pain start as result of your job can not be only painful but take a toll on your body in multiple ways. Did you know:
- Industrial injuries result in injury to a worker, both physically and financially.
- Back pain is responsible for more loss of work time and increased medical expenses related to treatment than any other ailment.
- Neck and back damage account for more that 90% of work injuries.
- Chiropractic gets injured workers out of pain and back to work fast; with lower treatment costs compared to other forms of treatments.
At West End Chiropractic and Wellness we have been successfully treating work injury cases with over 20 years of experience. Lower back pain and repetitive stress injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome, are just two of the more common work related conditions that our doctors treats on a regular basis.
If you have been injured at work and are unsure of the process our staff can fill out the claim forms, and process your claim. If you need time off work, we can communicate with your employer, so they know your intention is to return to work as soon as you can safely do your job.
It is important to receive care from a chiropractor following a work injury, not only to stop the pain, but also to rehabilitate the affected area. Without proper care, it is more likely that an industrial injury could later reoccur.
What can cause a work injury?
Work related injuries are caused or made worse by the work environment. Work related injuries can cause severe and debilitating symptoms such as pain, numbness, and tingling; reduced worker productivity; lost time from work; temporary or permanent disability; inability to perform job tasks; and an increase in workers compensation costs.
What are the risk factors for work related injuries?
Repetitive, forceful, or prolonged exertions of the hands; frequent or heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, or carrying of heavy objects; prolonged awkward postures; and vibration contribute to work related injuries.
How common are work related injuries?
Musculoskeletal disorders of any cause are among the most prevalent medical problems, affecting 7% of the population and accounting for 14% of physical visits and 19% of hospital stays. When looking specifically at cases involving days away from work, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that in 1994, approximately 32% of all illness cases were the result of overexertion or repetitive motion. This figure includes back injuries.
How can I prevent a work injury?
- Remember the importance of ergonomics. Make sure your chair and workstation are set up in a way that minimizes any unnecessary pressure or demands on your body.
- Be sure to use proper form when lifting heavy boxes or other objects. Be sure you are bending your legs and not your back when lifting.
- Keep your work area neat and organized.
To see how we can help you call us today at (952) 500-8477 or visit our website to schedule an appointment at www.westendchiromn.com. West End Chiropractic and Wellness is your Minneapolis and St. Louis Park leader in work place injuries.