At West End Chiropractic and Wellness we get a lot of patients calling and asking us if chiropractic treatment can help Sciatica nerve pain. The quick answer is, “Yes”. Many Americans suffer with Sciatica pain as a result of injury or trauma. So how can you tell if you maybe suffering from Sciatica?
What are the symptoms?
• Pain in the leg or rear that is worse when sitting
• Burning or tingling running down the leg
• Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
• A constant pain on one side of the rear
• A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
Sciatica usually affects only one side of the lower body. Often times, pain travels from the lower back all the way through the back of the thigh and down through the leg.
The pain may also reach the foot or toes. For some people, the pain can be severe. For others, the pain might be infrequent and irritating, but it can get worse.
Other common causes:
• Spinal stenosis, narrowing of the spinal canal in the lower back.
• Degenerative disc disease affecting the discs that cushion the vertebrae.
• Spondylolisthesis, when one vertebra slips forward over another one.
• Pregnancy, which can add a severe strain on the spine.
Diagnosis of Sciatica Is Critical. At West End Chiropractic and Wellness, our chiropractors examine our patients and review their medical history to determine what is causing the patient’s sciatica pain. Once the causation is determined our team puts together an integrative approach to get our patients back on track through the use of chiropractic, physical rehabilitation, massage therapy, acupuncture and therapeutic modalities.
If you or someone you may know is dealing with Sciatica call us today at (952) 500-8477 to schedule an examination with one of our chiropractors. West End Chiropractic and Wellness has been proudly serving patients in the Minneapolis, Edina and St. Louis Park areas!