Shoulder pain is a very common complaint, affecting almost half of us at some point in our lives as there are many causes of the problem. The shoulder has the ability to move in many directions (degrees of freedom), thus making it much more susceptible to injury. Like any other condition or health issue, the sooner you get the appropriate care, the quicker the pain will go and allow you to go back to normal activities. If you are unsure the cause of your shoulder pain, visiting a chiropractor can be a great place to start. In many instances, chiropractors can treat the cause of shoulder pain.
Chiropractic treatment for shoulder pain can be very effective in helping eliminate shoulder pain, improving range of motion, decreasing muscle spasm and tightness and improving strength and flexibility. Below is a list of signs or symptoms indicating you may have shoulder pain.
Signs that you should seek treatment include:
- Shoulder pain that persists beyond a few days
- Recurring shoulder pain, even if it has a history of settling on its own
- Inability to carry objects or use the arm
- Injury that causes deformity of the joint
- Shoulder pain that occurs at night or while resting
- Inability to raise the arm
- Swelling or significant bruising around the joint or arm
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth or swelling
If you are suffering with any above the signs, we recommend seeking medical attention as soon as possible.
If you are dealing with shoulder pain, there are many forms of treatment that can help. Depending on the diagnosis, treatment options range from chiropractic care to physical therapy to pain management to rest. If you are suffering with shoulder pain call West End Chiropractic and Wellness today at (952) 500-8477. With over 20 years of experience our doctors can help diagnose your problem and determine the appropriate treatment for you!
To schedule a FREE Consultation click on Shoulder Pain Consultation