Chiropractic care can help individuals in so many ways, the problem is that most people only know that a Chiropractor can adjust your back. Take a look below to learn a little bit more about what Chiropractic Care is, and does.
- Pain is usually the last symptom: In almost all cases, your body’s last reaction to inform you that something is wrong is pain. You can take medication to mask the pain, but the end result is there is still something beneath the pain that is throwing your body off. When bio-mechanical dysfunction is off, you are much more susceptible to future injury.
- Athletes use Chiropractic care regularly, not just for injury (and so should you): This is because Chiropractors are “movement specialists”. Most professional sports teams have a Chiropractor on call to help prevent injury, speed recovery, and improve balance and coordination. Major Athletes such as Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps, Babe Ruth, Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, and Arnold Schwarzenegger have all been proud advocates for regular Chiropractic Care.
- The body does not perform as separate pieces, but as a whole which is all controlled by your nervous system: When your spine is out of alignment, it is called a subluxation. When you are suffering from subluxations your nervous system is unable to transmit signals appropriately. Your range of motion may be off, immune system can be affected, making you more susceptible to illness and disease, and your organs may not be working to their full potential.
- Doctors cannot “fix” you: Unfortunately a chiropractor will not be able to heal you. What a Chiropractor can do is help to restore the natural motion of your joints, which will relieve tension on your nerves and muscles and allows your body to do the healing on its own. Part of Chiropractic belief is that your body can heal and fight disease on its own- with help.
- Chiropractors know about more than just your spine: A chiropractor can also help with; fitness, nutrition, and ergonomics. They can also help you determine what else could be “wrong” and refer out to specialist when needed.
At West End Chiropractic and Wellness we offer a variety of services along with chiropractic to help you lead a healthier lifestyle such as;
-Acupuncture – Injury Rehabilitation -Supplementation
-Massage Therapy -Exercise Programs -Nutrition Counseling
West End Chiropractic was named Best Chiropractic Clinic 2013-2015 by St. Louis Park magazine and is a top chiropractic clinic by Minnesota Monthly Magazine 2014 and 2015!